Bail Expert is a software that allows you to create and manage your electronic leases. It also allows you to manage your tenants’ data, send renewal and increase notices, post your vacant apartments as well as create reports on your buildings or units.
To get started with Bail Expert, you must first enter the necessary information to create a lease for a specific unit. For this reason, we thought it would be a good idea to provide you with a simple and efficient procedure to create an electronic lease.
Step #1: Enter the Data About the Building
During this step, the software will guide you to fill in all the necessary information to identify the building. Entering this data will allow the software to transpose them directly into the document. You will have to fill in the form in order to indicate, among other things:
- The street address of the building;
- The name and address of the owner;
- The first and last name and the contact information of the manager;
- The contact information for the concierge;
- Your emergency contact information.
To accompany you, we also created a short video, so you can have visual support: View the video procedure on YouTube. This video is in French.
Step #2: Create the Unit for Which You Wish to Complete a Lease
The platform will then allow you to fill in all the data related to the unit you wish to rent. This information will be automatically transcribed on the document. You will have to fill in the spaces in the form to indicate, among other things:
- The apartment number;
- The unit’s characteristics (number of rooms, charges included, amenities, number of parking spaces, etc.);
- Photos of the accommodation (optional);
- The rent, if there was an increase or renewal of the previous lease.
Here is the video clip to visually follow the creation of a unit: View the video procedure on YouTube. This video is in French.
Step #3: Fill Out the Lease
This step will allow you to enter the tenant’s information and the specific conditions of this rental. Once again, the data filled out in this section will be directly transferred to the document. In this section, you will be asked to indicate:
- The tenant information (first and last name, phone number, email address, etc.);
- The tenant’s endorser, if any;
- The features included in the lease (e.g. furniture, services, taxes, consumption costs, etc.);
- The building regulations (in the form of an attachment);
- The current address of the tenant.
If need be, feel free to watch the video below for more details on how to fill out this section: View the video procedure on YouTube. The video is in French.
Step #4: Send and Sign the Lease
Now all you have to do is send the document to your tenants to get their signature and then sign it yourself! To do so, you must:
- Click on the lease;
- Make sure you have purchased the lease printing rights from the Tribunal administratif du logement;
- Click on the print button at the top right;
- Send the lease to your tenants by email;
- Write the message that will be sent with the lease;
- Sign the lease electronically.
For more details on how to send the lease to your tenants as well as sign it yourself, watch the following video: View the video procedure on YouTube. This video is in French.